As you’re probably well aware by now, Ditto was finally added to the game last week. For some players (like me), it has been nearly impossible to catch Ditto in Pokemon GO. Seriously, before today, I had caught exactly 0 Ditto.
And then something miraculous happened; a tracking app popped up on my Facebook newsfeed that promised to be able to scan for (and find) Ditto. After spending a little while testing the app and walking around, I’ve managed to catch 5. This is how to catch Ditto in Pokemon GO with a tracking app!
The app we’re going to be using to catch Ditto is called “Poketrack” and it is one hell of a tracker. I’m not exactly sure how they do it (actually, I’ve got no idea how they do it), but there’s a feature that lets you scan for, locate, and catch, Ditto. This is an incredible achievement, and at the time of writing, there is no other tracking app on the market capable of this.
This is how you can catch Ditto in Pokemon GO by using this tracker:
- Download the Poketrack app by clicking here. Sorry Apple users, but this app is Android only for the time being.
- Once downloaded and installed, start the app and click on “settings”.
- In the settings, you can filter Pokemon (I deselected all Pokemon except Ditto), change the search radius, change how often the app will scan for nearby Pokemon, and create multiple accounts by clicking “manage scanners” (The more accounts you create, the better the tracker will function. I created 15.)
- Click the “use real-time scanner” button, and then return to the main screen of the tracker.
- Wait for the tracker to perform a scan
- Pray that there is a Ditto nearby
- Catch Ditto!
And that’s all there is to it. If you use this tracking app and follow the steps outlined above, you’ll be able to catch Ditto with no problems at all. When I tested the app to write this post, it took me about 5 minutes before I was able to track down and catch Ditto, which was a nice change of pace after looking for (and failing to find) one for 3+ days.
If you’re a bit skeptical about downloading third-party tracking apps (I am), take a look at this thread on Reddit where users are discussing their experiences of using this app to catch Ditto in Pokemon GO.
What do you think about using a tracking app to catch Ditto? Is it borderline cheating? Or is it justifiable? And have you managed to catch Ditto yet? Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below!