Whether you want to believe it or not, Pokemon GO Gen 2 is right around the corner. And when it arrives, it will bring 100 brand new Pokemon to Pokemon GO. Some of these new Pokemon will be evolutions of Pokemon that we are already familiar with, and that are available in-game right now.
Which begs the question: Are you prepared for Gen 2? If you’re anything like me, the answer will be hell no, you are not prepared. But that’s alright, because there are still, at the very least, three full days before Gen 2 is released. Plenty of time to get out there and start farming some Pokemon GO Gen 2 candy.
Pokemon GO Gen 2 Candy That You Need To Obtain ASAP:
- Zubat. By far the easiest to obtain on this list, you’ll want to collect as many Zubat candies as you can so you can instantly evolve your Zubat into a Golbat and then into a Crobat once Gen 2 rolls around.
- Slowpoke. This one is also relatively easy, but the current evolution mechanics might make things a little bit tricky. Slowpoke currently requires 50 candy to evolve into Slowbro, right? But then Gen 2 introduces Slowking as an alternate evolution. Will it be totally random? Will there be an easter egg like the Eevee naming trick? Your guess is as good as mine.
- Eevee. Speaking of Eevee, this cute little puppy gets an additional two eeveelutions when Gen 2 arrives: Espeon and Umbreon. Like Eevee’s Gen 1 evolutions, these new evolutions will likely require 25 candies a piece, and will be achieved in the same fashion, i.e. a special naming trick will be involved.
- Poliwag. Similar to Slowpoke, Poliwag will also have an alternate evolution when Gen 2 arrives. And again, at this point we’re not sure how easy it will be to evolve your Poliwag into a Poliwhirl and then into a Politoed, so you better start saving as many candies as you can.
- Oddish. Yet again, we have another Pokemon that receives an alternate evolution with the introduction of Gen 2. Just make sure you save as many Oddish candies as possible in order to evolve it into a Gloom and then again into a Bellossom.
- Hitmonchan (and Hitmonlee). Here’s another tricky one. Both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan get a pre-evolution called Tyrogue. Tyrogue can evolve into one of three Pokemon: Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or new Pokemon Hitmontop. Since Tyrogue candies don’t exist yet, there’s a chance that both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan candies will become Tyrogue candies when Gen 2 comes out, so it’s probably a good idea to stock up now.
- Horsea. Compared to some of the others on the list, Horsea’s third evolution is refreshingly simple. Just hoard some Horsea candy and evolve it into a Seadra, and then a Kingdra, as soon as Gen 2 hits our phones.
- Scyther. Another one that’s going to be pretty straightforward. Just gather 50-100 candies and you should be all set to evolve your Scyther into a Scizor.
- Onix. Not much to say about Onix, other than if you’re like me, you probably haven’t caught very many. Gather 50-100 candies and you’ll be A-OK to evolve your Onix into a Steelix.
- Porygon. Yeah, good luck with that. I’ve been playing daily since the game came out and haven’t managed to catch, hatch, or even see one of these guys yet. It will probably require 50 candies to make the jump from Porygon to Porygon2.
- Chansey. Again, good freakin’ luck getting enough candies to evolve your Chansey into a Blissey. But if you’ve got it in you to make Chansey your buddy and walk a few marathons, you’ll be rewarded with one of the cuter Pokemon in the game.
And that’s that. If you manage to save up over 50 candy for each of those Pokemon, you’ll be able to check off 12 new Pokemon in your Pokedex the moment the Gen 2 update goes live, which is pretty neat.
P.S. Do you want to win 2,500 Poke Coins? If you answered “yes”, click here to enter our Christmas giveaway where you’ll go into the running to win 2,500 Poke Coins to spend in Pokemon GO!